Houston Dutch Lions FC Youth Soccer Academy
The foundation of the Houston Dutch Lions FC Youth Soccer Academy is the highly successful and internationally acclaimed Dutch soccer philosophy. Soccer fans around the world admire the exciting and creative Dutch style of play. For the past 35 years, the Dutch have played a vital role in international soccer. The top Dutch soccer clubs have shown themselves well in every major European Cup competition while Dutch players have been and are currently playing for the most successful European soccer clubs.
Our professional, licensed coaches are high-level educators who truly teach the game. The Royal Dutch Football Federation (KNVB) is a global leader in creating development programs for young players. At its foundation stands Rinus Michels, the man who “invented” Total Soccer in the 1970s. His ideas are the basis of all of the Dutch soccer school programs. His philosophy was founded on the premise that the player’s ball control and tactical development should always remain the top priority in training.
Game-like Technical and Tactical Training Environment
The unique Dutch development program goes far beyond the static regimented training environment employed by most youth soccer development programs. Technical and tactical instructions are conducted through the application of small-sided games so that players experience a training environment that replicates real game scenarios.
Under the watchful eye of our licensed, professional Dutch coaching staff, players will begin to know WHAT to do, HOW to do it, and WHEN to do it – at the technical speed required in the modern game.
Continuous Development of Each Individual Player
We group players according to age and ability, making their experience always challenging and enjoyable. Based on staff assessment and recommendation, players may be moved to higher-level groups as they progress.
Our Youth Academy instruction is designed to help players achieve their maximum potential through progressive exercises that are individually challenging, as well as age and ability appropriate
All Houston Dutch Lions FC Youth Academy Players enjoy the following Club Benefits:
- 2019 season tickets to the Dutch Lions FC NPSL
- Professional coaching conducted by our licensed professional coaches (UEFA or USSF certified)
- Discounts on clinics and camps led conducted by our licensed professional coaches
- Video analysis (age levels U11 & up)
- Year round play with breaks only for Christmas holidays and the months of June and July
- No rainouts due to field conditions!! Our new state-of-the-art turf fields are able to withstand inclement weather conditions!
- Year round activities such as our annual “Bring a Friend Tournament” and biannual “Orange Family End of Season Tournament
- Many volunteer opportunities are available during the Dutch Lions FC NPSL season (May-August) – ball boys/girls, player escorts, fan merchandise booth, and more. Volunteering encourages interaction between our Youth Academy players and these semi-pro players that has proven to be beneficial for our younger players!
Learn More about Soccer Development at the Houston Dutch Lions FC Youth Soccer Academy
Choose the appropriate category for your child for information on registration, practice schedules, game information and more. If have questions, please Contact our Technical Director, Marco Pruis.